Guaranteed Interview with Peel Ports & Fully Funded Training Programme
Take the first steps to your career with a guaranteed interview on completion of the course!
Are you looking to gain employment in the construction sector? If you want to work with your hands and shape the future skylines of our city, then our funded Introduction to Construction course is a great foundation to build your career on. The course is ideal for those who want to work within the construction industry, but who have little or no prior experience.
What will you gain?
- ETA Level 1 Certificate in Personal and Social Skills
- ETA Level 1 Certificate in Securing Employment
- Sea Survival
- Working at Heights
- Working in Confined Spaces
The 3-week employability programme is delivered in partnership with the recruiting employer and is a combination of practical, hands-on training and classroom-based learning. This course is designed to equip learners with transferable skills that are valuable in any job role they undertake. You will learn skills such as problem-solving, managing your money, producing a CV etc. We will be supporting learners through the course to build confidence and supporting them back into employment.
- Port Operative
How is it assessed?
This qualification is assessed by your Tutor using a range of methods. such as uploaded questions, answers to tests, or methods such as questions in the classroom.
Are you eligible?
- Participants must be 19 years or over (on or after 31st August 2021) and must be currently unemployed or earning less than £18,525 per year in Liverpool (£17,374.50 National). We actively welcome candidates from Black, Asian, and Minority Backgrounds.
- Need Valid ID (Such as Passport, Driving/Provisional Licence, Birth certificate).
- Must have access to Laptop/Tablet or PC, with Wifi access to complete the course as it is online. Mobile Phone is not suitable to use for the course.
- Must not have any previous personal and social skills qualifications and securing employment qualifications.
- Must be able to pass Drug and Alcohol test
- Must be comfortable working at heights and around water
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Must be physically fit and able to carry out manual work.
- No unspent convictions
- Willing to work shifts
Ask us anything
We encourage you to ask us any questions about this course or any other courses you might be interested in. Your tutor for this course is Ray, and he will be on hand to help support you through your course. But if you have any questions before you start, please contact us here. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Take your first step:
Register your interest today using the form below;